2017: Year of Progressive Intercession For Divine Intervention and Manifestation 8 Days Prayer Fast to Open Doors for Evangelism
2017: Year of Progressive Intercession
For Divine Intervention and Manifestation
8 Days Prayer Fast to Open Doors for Evangelism
April 3-9, 2017
Intercessory Prayer Fast: This is the Year of Intercession for divine intervention and manifestation. Our mandate for this month of April is focusing on Open Doors for Evangelism. Therefore, we are fasting for effective evangelism to draw souls into the kingdom of righteousness.
This prayer fast is in three segments. The first segment focuses on wisdom to discover the doors of evangelism; the second segment is a request for wisdom to draw souls into the kingdom of righteousness; and the third segment is also a request for wisdom to keep and nurture the souls that are saved with the Fear of God.
Need for the Fear of God: There is need to inject the fear of God into active evangelism, so that the souls that are drawn will encounter the truth and experience the fear of God. Without the fear of God, the church houses will be full of workers of iniquity who manipulate Scriptures to suit their own agenda. Without the fear of God, churchgoers will be indulging in wickedness as the heart of man is easily lured into selfishness and evil intensions.
Method: Please note that this is an intercessory prayer, so each segment will focus on a particular topic for three days. Each segment represents a three-day focus until something happens. Intercessory prayer is a persistent cry unto the Lord.
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Meals: This is a free style fast, but you need to spend more time on praying for the salvation of souls.
Day One-three, Monday to Wednesday, April 3-5, 2017
Prayer Focus: Wisdom to Discover the Doors of Evangelism
Fullness of Abundance: The month of April has been described as the fourth season of the year when doors of blessings are opened in full. It is not April fool but April Full. Therefore, the first day of April begins the release of the fullness of joy, when the windows of heaven opens and pours out abundance of blessings unto us.
The fullness of this season is expected to give us plumpness and all rounded blessings to fill the four corners of our lives and destiny. It is the kind of fullness that turns all the negative things around and makes good the blessings of the Lord.
- Our efforts that have been poor will be enriched with abundance.
- Our works that have been incomplete will be completed with beauty and admiration.
- Our presentations that have been tasteless will become sweet with flavor.
- Our productivity that has been rejected will become acceptable and all-embracing.
- The minds and hearts that have been embittered and cynical will become lovely and kind toward us.
- The minds and hearts that have been poisoned against righteousness will receive the gospel truth and the fear of God.
- The souls that have been discouraged and led astray will return to the Lord with humbleness of heart and submissiveness.
Rescue the Perishing: In view of the viability of this month of April, it is pertinent for us to utilize the season wisely. One of the profitable ways to make use of the doors before us is to open our hearts and arms to welcome souls into the kingdom of righteousness. There are many souls around us who are in different kinds of dangers, while other are involved in evil.
Immoral Indulgences: Similarly, so many people are involved in all manner of nefarious activities, as they are yet to encounter the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Some are depressed, oppressed, suppressed, frustrated and confused. Hence, they seek refuge in the wrong places where there is actually no hope. Some take consolation in drugs in order to feel high, yet they cannot find joy in drugging themselves into vicarious moments.
Need to Discover Souls: We have a responsibility to identify the souls in our homes, neighborhood, and other immediate environment in order to save and rescue them from perishing and care for the dying. Unless, we pray fervently, we will find ourselves adjusting to worldly standards, and conforming to ungodly behaviors until we are submerged.
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- We need to pray for ourselves to be examples of the word of God for the souls to imbibe.
- We need to pray for ourselves to reflect the gospel of salvation in our lifestyle to attract the sinner man to have an evidence to connect to.
- We need to pray for ourselves to exhibit a standard that will encourage the sinner to surrender their lives for a new life in Christ Jesus.
- We need to pray for ourselves to discover and identify the sin-sick-soul in our immediate environment and to follow them up for effective results.
Proverbs 11:30-31; Genesis 1:28-29; Luke 13:6-9; John 15:1-8
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
Proverbs 11:31 Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Luke 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
Luke 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
Luke 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
Luke 13:9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.
John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you.
John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
- Pray that this month of April will bring you the fullness of joy in Jesus name.
- Pray that this month of April will open the doors for all members of your family and friends to experience the joy of salvation in Jesus name!
- Pray that every evil in your life will be turned into goodness in Jesus name!
- Pray that your life will be a fruitful tree that bears fruit of righteousness.
- Pray that your life will be a righteous tree that wins souls for Jesus Christ.
- Pray that the Lord will fill your mouth and heart with the message of salvation.
- Pray that you will be able to stand and endure the purging of the Lord, so that you can bear good fruit abundantly.
- Pray that you will be able to abide in him and in his word, so that the name of the Lord will be glorified in you.
- Pray that you will not be distracted or taken away from the place where the Lord has called you to be established as a fruitful tree.
- Pray that you will not discourage souls from being fruitful and God fearing.
- Pray that the fear of God will guard and lead you in all your life endeavors.
- Pray that everyday of this month will not go empty handed in Jesus name.