Date: Friday January 15, 2016
This year for our School of Deliverance World Convention, The Lord used his daughter Dr. Pauline Walley-Daniels to teach us more about intercession. Dr. Pauline broke down the information that we people of God need in order to intercede for one another and on behalf of one another.
A few points that were touched up on during Day 1 was:
- During spiritual communication, the devil is speaking and God is speaking. We have to learn how to interpret each voice. Even the Bible speaks to us with the many verses in each book.
- We need to learn how to decipher between the voice of God (Scripture-base) and our own desires. This is because our flesh speaks louder. The way we can decipher is to notice that God’s voice is different from our voice of desire.
- There is always a season of dryness is our prayer, that is the Lord brings us
down to earth and in a time of praise, prayer and worship.
- We have to know what type of intercessor we are. Once we know the type, it will enable us to become effective. We have to know what gift and weapon we have when going into warfare. The reason is because we have to be equipped properly in order for your prayers to become effective.
- When someone is asking you to intercede for you, you first have to call on God to figure out how to pray for them. In addition, we have to ask the person questions so that we know what to say when praying. After asking and you begin praying to God, you have to pray so that there is a greater revealing about what the person is going through. Furthermore, when you are talking with the person, it is not wrong to have a dialogue with the person in need. When having the dialogue, you can even pray while talking with them and by doing that, that method can cause you to understand the need of the person.
- No matter what, the first battle of defense, when entering into battle, is to call onto and pray unto God